Страницы

четверг, 1 мая 2014 г.

Parenting: Trial and Error

Each day of our lives  we make deposits
in the memory banks of our children
Charles R. Swindoll

Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons. It consists of the smallest things that take up the most room in our heart and stay there forever. "You may forget your childhood, but your childhood does not forget you" (Michael Dibdin, a British crime writer)
From April, 25 to April, 27 of this year I was lucky to take part in Yoshinkan Aikido Seminar in Kiev with Hiromichi Nagano Sensei, 8th Dan, a proffesional aikido instructor and a very wise man. I  keep in memory his words: "Children look at their parents' backs: if mom and dad are happy, they have confident bearing. And vice versa, kids notice parent's despondency in their sloched shoulders and closed posture". In the happiest of our childhood memories our parents were happy, too. As Nazariy Yaremchuk, a legend of Ukrainian pop music, sang, "Mother and father are two live suns giving us hope and warmth"
So being in high spirits, we inspire, energize our children and give them a chance to spend many happy moments in their life, too. Children may not listen to their parents, but they're always watching at them. Thus, our kids will become what we are, so we'd be what we want them to be. Children watch examples better than they hear preaching. 
The most overwhelming key to a child's success is a positive involvement of parents. It is never late to be what you might have been: a perfect mother or father for your child. So we'd try to do our best our children feel to be a credit to us. 
One of the best gifts you can give your child is to help him understand that he's responsible for the choices he makes as well as the consequences of his actions, and ultimately, his own happiness.
Let's ponder a question: "What are the secrets of successful parents?"
Remembering my childhood, I catch myself thinking about lack of sincere talk, a glue that bonds the members of our family and gives us sence of connection. Maybe, my parents couldn't cope with everyday tiredness and didn't have neither time nor inclination to recharge. If you catch my drift, commonly I didn't feel mom and dad are my confidence boosters. 
Now being a mother, I've comprehended the fact that the best way to encourage my daughter is simply tell her I love her as often as I can.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий