Страницы

среда, 21 мая 2014 г.

Alter Ego. A Friend Indeed

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies
Aristotle

Barbara Rush, "The Tao of Friendship"
Long-awaited weekend... The afternoon is well along, and you're still at home, online in social media, invaded by sense of loneliness. You have more than one hundred friends in Twitter or Facebook, but have you ever wondered what knits you together? Are your pen-pals true or digital friends? We cherish the illusion of intimacy, but deny ourselves a pleasure of real life and communication with true friends, whom we can't simply make online. Stephen Marche, Esquire columnist, gives evidence of the epidemic of loneliness, and insists on disconnection as ticket to a happier world ("Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?"). 
'Friend' associations cocktail
As we go through life, we encounter many people, most of which are acquaintances. Genuine friends are rare. They know all your faults, mistakes and problems and still like you for no other reason than you are YOU, and have no need to pretend. They got a million ways to make you laugh. They give without expecting anything from you in return. Sincere friendship allows both people to embrace and accept each other's differences and use them to enhance the relationship.
I did not have true friendships in my childhood. Some folks helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours but were not ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.
Now I feel my needs answered with by sincere friends, my dear husband and our daughter. They give me total freedom to be my unique self. We can always turn to each other in a time of need and have a safety net for our deepest secrets in our trusting hearts. We feel growing and learning from each other.
Friendship is precious. Let's treasure the time we have together with our friends. 







Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий